ObiRay+Blog

Monday, December 12, 2005

WTO & globalization - my point of view

I remebered doing an essay on globalization in 99 -- at the time I was studying 2nd year vis. com. at UTS. All I could remember writing is that: Globalization would be good to the knowledge group; Information and news evolve around the globe thru the w.w.w.; blah blah blah I believe you can imagine the rest and get my point.

Now W.T.O. is holding conference right here: Hong Kong. Thousands of protestor blood in. Marching all the way peacefully (so far) in voicing their disagreement in multi-nation trade. Saying the developed nation had kill off labour cost, and treat poor countries as slavary labour.

They do have their points. but: I now believe, there's no U-turn to the good o' days.

Now it is the time for these nation to accept their role in the global community. With better positioning, they can still earn the right and economic justice. Their people would still be able to "move upward" to other countries if globalization is truely visionized and corporations fully executed in every nations in the world.

You may disagree my points. Though that's what I still believe in.

No comments: